Here’s another installment in our Comfort Me with Carbs collection of global bread recipes, this one for Guinness bread by Byron Moussouris, executive head chef at The Bloomsbury, a Doyle Collection hotel. It’s one of our favorites in London hotels (to stay, to hang, to drink). Plus, bread plus beer? Who’s complaining?
2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
3 c. white flour
1 c. rolled oats
1 tsp. table salt
2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. butter
2 c. milk
1/2 c. black treacle (or molasses)
1 c. Guinness
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together flours, oats, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
4. Add milk, black treacle (or molasses), and Guinness, and mix until well combined.
5. Use cooking spray to coat two bread loaf pans, and pour batter into the pans.
6. Sprinkle a little oatmeal on top of the loaves.
7. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the center is cooked through and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Get more global bread recipes.
Постоянная ссылка: https://zmeinogorsk.ru/comfort-me-with-carbs-guinness-bread-from-the-bloomsbury-in-london/