For Pride Month, BuzzFeed chatted with 12 out and proud leaders in the food world to celebrate the varied and changing faces of the industry.
Here’s what they had to say about life, work, and inclusivity in the food world.
1. Ted Allen: TV personality, host of Chopped, and author.
2. Cat Cora: TV personality, author, and restauranteur.
3. Antoni Porowski: Food and wine expert on Queer Eye.
4. DeVonn Francis: Chef and owner of Yardy.
5. Angela Dimayuga: Creative director of food & culture, and culinary curator.
6. Deborah VanTrece: Chef and owner of The Catering Company by VanTrece.
7. Liz Alpern: Author, founder of Queer Soup Night, and co-owner of The Gefilteria.
8. Josie Smith-Malave: Chef and owner of Bubbles + Pearls.
9. Brian Hart Hoffman: Editor-in-chief of Bake from Scratch Magazine.
10. Kristopher Edelen: Chef and owner of HOTPANnyc.
11. David Lebovitz: Author, pastry chef, and blogger.
12. Frances Tariga-Weshnak: Executive chef of Eden Local.
Responses have been lightly edited for length or clarity.
Мысль на память: Кто весь день работает, тому некогда зарабатывать деньги.